James K. Papp Photography Gallery
“My art is inspired by the mystery and awe I experience while being with Nature. For me, the camera is a magical portal to connect more deeply with the world. At age ten my parents gifted me with a Kodak Instamatic X-15 point and shoot camera and instantly I loved making pictures. Today my images are created with high-resolution Sony digital mirror-less cameras, and the thrill of documenting the natural beauty of our world is as exciting as ever for me. Thank you very much for viewing my gallery.”
~ James K. Papp
Exhibitions, Publications, & Awards
Fourteen of James Papp’s photographic images have been published by 1x.com, one of the world’s most exclusive art galleries. Sweden-based 1x is a curated gallery upholding, in their words, “the highest possible photographic standards.” Two of the seven selected images have been included in editions of Visions, the annual 1x yearbook which represents their vision of the best photography in the world.
Other exhibitions, awards, and publications include…
- “Whatcom Water” images exhibited at Whatcom Museum Store 2020 and 2021, Bellingham, WA
- Photographic prints included in 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2021 Juried Exhibits, Jansen Art Center, Lynden, WA
- “Sacred Mirrors” images exhibited at Village Books in 2020, Bellingham, WA
- “Dawn at Diablo Lake” was a Finalist in the 2020 The Great Outdoor Photo Contest, Outdoor Photographer
- “Over the Falls” was published in Adventures Northwest magazine in 2020
- “Dawn at Diablo Lake” received Editor’s Pick, The Independent Photographer 2020 Black & White Award
- “Whatcom Water” images exhibited at Gallery Pegasus/The Atomic Kitten in 2019, Bellingham, WA
- “Renewal” was published in the November 2017 issue of Outdoor Photographer magazine
- “Reflection Below the Pass” was published in Visions X 2017 yearbook, 1x.com, Sweden
- “Over the Falls” was published in Visions IX 2016 yearbook, 1x.com, Sweden
- “Morning at the Falls” was a Finalist in the 2016 American Landscape Contest, Outdoor Photographer
- “Over the Falls” won 2nd Prize in the 1x 2016 Photo Awards, 1x.com, Sweden
- The Pilgrim Who Thanked the Earth, 2016 solo show, Lucia Douglas Gallery, Bellingham, WA
- A Celebration of Trees Two exhibited at City Hall, Bellingham, WA in 2013 and 2014
We use Fine Art America and 1x.com to fulfill photographic print orders. Please click below to browse the beautiful black & white and color images available to order as framed and unframed photographic prints and greeting cards.
If you have questions, please contact us at mail @ inquirewithin.com or fill out the Contact form on the About & Contact page. Thank you!